Following the recent feedback on social media in response to the proposed (but now cancelled) implementation of a parking permit scheme, the Directors of CCMC Ltd have continued to receive numerous questions and comments, despite already confirming the scheme is no longer going ahead. We would like to thank you for your patience whilst we have digested and carefully considered all feedback received, and apologise if you might have liked to have heard from us sooner.
The vast majority of communications have been welcomed, as they helped to provide a better picture of residents’ concerns, such that these may be considered in any future proposals however regrettably there has also been a disappointingly aggressive minority that have been factually incorrect in their statements and made uncalled for accusations as to impropriety on the Directors’ part.
As a result, and following professional advice received, the Directors have regrettably made the decision to reschedule the proposed informal residents meeting on 16th March, with all future communication to be held through official general meetings only.
We wish to ensure that the community, which is represented by members of the company, is given a voice and to provide assurance that it will be heard. We will continue to consider all concerns raised in relation to parking however as a number of questions submitted also raised issues surrounding the enforcement of other parallel covenants, we have a legal obligation to explore solutions aligned to this and as such we are taking appropriate legal advice. If the advice received presents a solution that is potentially workable, we will submit this to members for consideration and a vote as part of a formal general meeting, providing all information in writing and with the 21 days statutory notice required by the company’s articles of association.
The postponement of the meeting and subsequent scheduling of a formal general meeting will also allow Directors to present other key information for members to consider and vote on, including:
- 2019/20 Accounts Sign Off (& Possible Legal Action Against POD)
- 2021/22 Service Charge Budget Approval
- Grounds Maintenance Contractor Tender Contract Award
Nothing is set in stone at this time, but to manage expectations, we are hopeful we might be able to send out a notification towards the end of this month resulting in a likely meeting date towards the end of April.
Meanwhile, and to ensure we make efficient and fair use of Directors’ time, no further communication will be entered into regarding the previous proposal, as it is now not going ahead. Furthermore, we request that any speculation regarding any possible new proposal is reserved, until such time the full facts are finalised and presented.
Please consider that each and every Director is a resident of this development and therefore make decisions that are believed to be for the betterment of the community within which they themselves live. Directors are also unpaid volunteers having day jobs and family life that must take precedence over their CCMC roles and the use of Facebook has proven to be an unwelcome intrusion into their personal lives.
Please refrain from using Facebook to communicate with Directors (or the company), and in future direct all queries through official channels only via the website. These will be responded to in a timely manner, and at a time that suits the volunteers. Please also register for updates via the website so that you can be kept up-to-date with key information or progress about ongoing work.
Lastly, there will be an Annual General Meeting in late June or early July and this will provide an opportunity for members to put themselves forward to become directors and to take part in the work undertaken for the development.
Thank you for your understanding, and assuring you of our best intentions at all times.
CCMC Ltd Directors