The following key principles form the Eagle Rise & Aqua Verde Parking Regulation which was passed by Ordinary Resolution at an Extra Ordinary General Meeting of Members on 25th May, 2021:
- Resident owned or operated commercial vehicles are not permitted to park on the estate in any areas (other than wholly on private driveway space) between the hours of 7.00pm to 7.00am, 7 days a week. Such vehicles at all other times shall be subject to the restrictions as set out in paragraph 5 below.
- Delivery and contractor vehicles are permitted to park from 7.00am to 7.00pm, 7 days a week.
- Delivery vehicles such as grocery/parcel delivery are allowed to drop off at any time while adhering to restrictions in Paragraph 5 below.
- Parking in Visitor Bays is allowed for 4 hours with no return for 12 hours.
- Parking is not permitted at any time on the following areas, either wholly or partially:
- Double Yellow lines.
- Raised Pavements.
- Soft Landscaping.
- Turning Heads.
- In front of any pedestrian accessway such that pedestrians with prams, pushchairs, wheelchairs walking frames or mobility scooters cannot freely pass including where there may be a need to walk on soft landscaping to get around the vehicle.
- In front of any official Street Name Sign such that it cannot reasonably be read by oncoming traffic.
The above regulation is binding on all residents. Directors have taken the decision to maintain a ‘soft’ approach to management of the Parking Regulation by reviewing general adherence to it in the hope there will not be the need to install signage across the development.
Whilst the position is generally better, there remain many instances of cars parked on, and blocking, raised pavements and cars parked on double yellow lines which is in direct contravention of the regulation. Directors have received explicit permission from Bellway that signage can be installed (subject to agreement of plans) prior to the roads being formally adopted in late 2022 and this will be progressed if the situation does not improve.